Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The dance of a child

This last Friday night I was honored to be with my wife and several hundred others who call themselves followers of Jesus. We spent the evening in various forms of worship directed at The LORD. From 7pm to nearly 1am I was blessed to be at a place filled with the tangible presence of God due to the praises of His people. As the evening began I was standing up and singing along to some of the songs. Shortly into the evening I found myself sitting with my face in my hands. I began to ask The LORD how I was to approach Him this particular evening. I was directed by The LORD to open my eyes and see. As I did so, I could hear the sounds of strings and voices that echoed what I believe to be one of the atmosphers that we will experience in heaven, and through the legs and hands of men and women standing I could see dozens of children running around laughing and carrying on with life as only a child can do in a room like that. There was not a single one crying or moaning about what they did or did not have, they were all having the time of their life. There was one little girl that stood out in the crowd, and no I'm not going to brag about Abigail here, although it would be a great place to do so (she is awesome). This little girl was wearing a red dress, I watched as she twirled around in circles with purpose. She wasn't just spinning uncontrollably she was twirling as though she was dancing with a partner. She had her eyes closed and then opened and then closed again as she moved closer to the platform where there were others dancing around. And as I watched The LORD answered my question with "Just like that." Being the intellectual that I am (sometimes) I asked Him how to do even that. For moments on end it seemed as though there was no audible answer but a series of events and thoughts that were placed in my heart by Him that lead me into understanding more realistically His love.

I don't want to get all clicheish on you and say that God is love even though He is, but this time I was being transformed by this love in a way that I have never been to this point. I was feeling the momentum in my spirit as though I had just taken a really deep breath and then let it out and that letting out feeling was staying around, it was the deepest peace I had felt for a long time.

Several hours into the evening I found myself once again in dialogue with The LORD. This time when I opened my eyes there were no children many had left yet the music went on, and The LORD brought the lesson of the evening for me back around full circle and there holding a flag in her hands as she pranced around the sanctuary was a lady 40 years older than me dancing and twirling as though she was dancing with a partner smiling from ear to ear. All night long she never stopped, from beginning to end she was there walking dancing and all the time waving her flag before The LORD.

So what all does this mean for me now? Soon I will share about the River of God, but for now the deep life altering time that we need with God can be found in the innocent yet fully aware mind of a child. Unhindered by limitations doubts and fears and fully aware of the possibilities that await them as they dream with God about all that could be and live in all that is.

In my mind I replay those moments with my own self as a child dancing hand in hand with my LORD. And I think about all that happens from that place. From here I can hear the heart beat of my Daddy King, and feel where each beat takes the blood of King Jesus into the body that moves and when He moves He moves me. This is a place not for those who like control or manipulation of circumstances or even to work according to their own goals dreams and visions but for those who want to get lost in Him and chase Him through the forest of divine imagination and watch as everything comes to life.

I want to live from that place. I know that from there I cant say a word that is off or unclear, I cant raise my children wrong, I cant misscommunicate here and there is always room for the unexpected and it is blessed to be their. Where I simply rest knowing that I am with my I am.

No comments: