Tuesday, December 25, 2007

He still does it...?

For those of you who are struggling to find your place in "The Kingdom" may i offer a place of entry for you? I love the fact that i struggled with and still do to a small point of the poverty stricken mind set of some (not all) Christians. No this is not about money, it is about knowing who we are in Christ. Has it passed us by the fact that in Christ we are children of God; and being that He is The King of Kings would that not make us princes and princesses in His Kingdom? And therefore Royalty. In my heart and Soul knowing this reality what is my objective, purpose, ability as royalty to influence or rather change the world around me to reflect the prayer of Christ, "Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth just as it is in Heaven." Does this not go beyond social justice and global reform and into very core of who we are as His children?

3 comments:

:::: Travis Keller :::: said...

so long as we don't deny that who we are includes social justice and reform. we can't look at the life of jesus and think otherwise. great post.

chad said...

I believe the issue of the believer being royalty is often and their identity of power and form is in short supply because we need an excuse for powerlessness. If we are not royalty then we have an excuse to swing and miss at mirales because afterall, we're only human. Right?! WRONG!!
This is what Jesus was trying to get through to us! MArk 6:52 says that the disciples hearts were hardened because they did not understand about the loaves. They failed to realize that the bread multiplied at their own hand not Christ'. Jesus told them to feed the crowd and then released them with blessing. He will not take the commission back upon Himself. We would get ired for telling our boss to something he told us to do. I think the greatest reason for accepting less that royalty as our identity is because it requires us to get out of out comfort zone and tell everyone aroung us about this wonderful Jesus. Fear is our boundary!

Rejoice578 said...

I loved your post. I have been discovering that I am a daughter of the King and not a pauper...my earthly father may not have loved and cherished me but my Heavenly Daddy does..thanks for sharing.