Wednesday, December 26, 2007

The many ways of Royalty

In regards to a welcome comment on my last post entitled " He still does it...?" What king and his family would be note worthy in history if they were not out for the betterment of their land as well as the far reaches of their influence? It frustrates me to think that in the eyes of some staying within the walls of their fortified city passing out bread and alms to their poor relatives is the depths and reach of their kingdom. What a sad reality that must be. Is it not the desire of a powerful king to expand the kingdom as far and properly as his time will allow? The prophesy in Isaiah about Christ and His kingdom tells me that to the increase of His government and peace there will be no end. How dare me to sit comfortably (and not all comfort is bad by the way) and count paper-clips while there is a world around me that doesn't just need "changed and reformed" but needs Christ at its core. That in and of it self does the transformation. I would deem all work on my part unguided by the Holy Spirit as wasted time and efforts to grow something out of personal vendetta or religious duty rather than from a living breathing dynamic relationship that involves dialog with The One to whom I belong and love. For instance; I have had the privilege over the last several weeks to watch a young man be transformed by the power and presence of my Mighty God. Not because of some sermon on world reform, but because of taking the place that God has placed me in seriously to impact the life of one lost in the routine of running, and set before him the realities of Kingdom Living. It was not my words but rather The Spirit of The Living God that pierced His heart and confirmed the reality he already knew within himself. This my friends is what will transform our societies. And leave us in a place of perfect peace.

No comments: